Now store your driving licence and RC in mParivahan app
Concerned about heavy traffic fines? Here’s an easy method for you to add your vehicle documents on your phone and show it to traffic cops when asked for. Yes, it is 100 per cent acknowledged by police, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has clarified. One such app is mParivahan made under the Digital India initiative.
If traffic cops stop you to verify the authenticity of your vehicle, then you can display these virtual DL, especially if you are not carrying a photocopy or the original driving licence (DL). Know how to make a virtual DL on the mParivahan app on your Android and iOS smartphones.
· Download the mParivahan app from your phone.
· Sign up using your mobile number. Enter OTP you received. Enter and register on the app.
· You will get two choices: DL (Driving Licence) and RC (Registration Certificate).
· Enter your DL number.
· To get a virtual DL, click on ‘Add To My Dashboard’
· Enter date of birth and your DL will be added to your ‘Dashboard’.
· Same, enter vehicle number for RC.
· Click on “Add To My Dashboard”.
· You will be driven to enter the chassis number and engine number of your vehicle. You can get these details from your RC.
· After verifying, go to the Dashboard and select the DL or RC you want to display to police.
· This will generate a QR code for which authorities can scan to verify.
· You can check existing challans and pay for them digitally there.
· You can also share your RC with others using the mParivahan for a fixed duration if they are using your vehicle.