Pune: Police extend e-pass facility for citizens as lockdown continues till August 31
Pune: City Police department has extended the validity of e-pass issued for inter-district and inter-state travel for citizens from Pune city. Although there is no clarity from the state government about it yet, police have extended this facility for citizens.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) Ashok Morale said, “We haven’t received any new instructions about issuing e-passes to citizens for inter-district travel from August 1. We are expecting these orders by Thursday evening or Friday. Till then we have extended the facility of e-passes and are issuing passes to citizens for August month too.”
Police have also appealed to citizens to not pay any amount to any person for obtaining e-passes. The e-passes are issued for free and are based on merit and reason for travel. Police have also increased the quota of sanctioned passes in view of relaxed lockdown norms.
Travel within Pune
- Visit https://punepolice.in/ website
- Fill in details like name, mobile number, Aadhar card number, vehicle registration number and originating and destination location
- Upload supporting documents
- Token id will be received, use it to view the status of your application
Travel outside Pune or state
- Visit https://covid19.mhpolice.in/
- A pop-up will ask you whether you want to travel outside the state. Choose an appropriate option.
- In case of travel outside state, your co-passenger count will be asked.
- Enter details like the district or police commissionerate of your residence, personal and vehicle details, the reason for travel and originating and destination location.
- Attach photo and documents.
- After submission, you will receive a token ID and use it to check the status of your application.
- Essential service providers do not require travel pass for interstate or intrastate travel.
- Keep a soft/hard copy with you while travelling and show it to the police when asked.