Budget 2021: Know how much money is allocated to various ministries
One of the key highlights of the budget was the allocation of Rs 35,000 crore for the vaccination drive and further money will be allocated if needed
Presenting the Union Budget on Monday, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman allocated budget for various ministries. One of the key highlights of the budget was the allocation of Rs 35,000 crore for the vaccination drive and further money will be allocated if needed.
"We have allocated Rs 35,400 crore for COVID vaccines in 2020 and will invest more if required. There is a 137 per cent increase in the amount allotted this time," she said.
Sitharaman said that the Budget proposals for FY21 rest on six pillars -
- Health and Wellbeing
- Physical & Financial Capital, and Infrastructure
- Inclusive Development for Aspirational India
- Reinvigorating Human Capital
- Innovation and R&D
- Minimum Government and Maximum Governance
One of the major changes that were expected was the COVID cess, but nothing as of now has been notified by the government. FM has also relaxed income tax norms for NRIs and senior citizens.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has allocated the following amount for various ministries -
- Ministry of Home Affairs gets over Rs 1.66 lakh crore
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has been allocated a little over Rs 54,600 crore
- Ministry of Health and Wellbeing allocated over Rs 2,23,846 crore
- Rs 1,10,055 crore allocated to Ministry of Railways
- Rs 1,18,101 crore allocated to Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
- Ministry of Defence has been allocated Rs 4,78,195.62 crore