Cinema halls permitted to operate at 100% seating strength from Monday; check new guidelines here
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting issued a new set of SOPs for cinema halls and theatres to prevent spread of COVID-19
The Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting on Saturday allowed reopening of cinemas, theatres and multiplexes with 100% seating capacity from February 1 (Monday).
CHECK OUT THE GUIDELINES BELOW
· Use of face masks mandatory at all times.
· Availability of hand sanitisers, preferably in the touch-free mode, at entry, exit and common points of the premises.
· Theatres should have staggered show timings to avoid crowding
· Adequate physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed outside the auditoriums, common areas and waiting areas at all times.
· If reporting any illness, one must contact the district or state helpline.
· Spitting shall be strictly forbidden.
· Installation and use of Aarogya Setu App advised to all.
· No films shall be screened in containment zones.
· The beginning time, intermission and finish time of a particular shows at any screen shall not overlap with any other show.
The good news was welcomed by film distributors and theatre owners, who were battling since theatres shut down in March amid COVID-19 crisis. In October last year, cinema halls were permitted to operate at 50 per cent seating capacity.