Fire Breaks Out at Sir Parshurambhau College Hostel in Pune

Loud explosion and fire alarmed residents, but quick action from the hostel staff, who used fire extinguishers, helped control initial flames.
File Photo - SP College Main Building
File Photo - SP College Main Building

Pune: A fire erupted in the boys' hostel at Sir Parshurambhau (SP) College in Pune, causing panic among students early Friday morning. The blaze started due to an electrical fault in a CT meter on the exterior wall of the hostel.

The loud explosion and subsequent fire alarmed the residents, but quick action from the hostel staff, who used fire extinguishers, helped control the initial flames. The fire brigade and MSEDCL were promptly alerted and arrived on the scene to manage the situation.

The firefighters, alongside the Parvati Electric Division's employees, ensured the fire was completely extinguished and assessed for further safety measures. Thankfully, no injuries were reported.

Key personnel from the Janata Vasahat Fire Station, including driver Sagar Devkule, Mahendra Sakpal, Umesh Shinde, Sagar Patil, and Vijay Waghmare, were instrumental in the emergency response.

The swift action prevented what could have been a more severe incident, highlighting the importance of preparedness and quick thinking in emergency situations.

Enjoyed reading The Bridge Chronicle?
Your support motivates us to do better. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay updated with the latest stories.
You can also read on the go with our Android and iOS mobile app.

Related Stories

No stories found.
logo
The Bridge Chronicle
www.thebridgechronicle.com