Lohegaon: Fire engulfs gym; Equipment destroyed

Gym was closed on Sunday and no one was inside when the fire started. The incident began with a voltage fluctuation that ignited a rubber mat.
Lohegaon: Fire engulfs gym; Equipment destroyed

Pune: A devastating fire broke out at Stree Fitness Gym in the Sathe Vasti area of Lohegaon, destroying all the equipment inside. The blaze, caused by a short circuit, ignited on Sunday evening around 8 PM.

Upon receiving the alert, the fire brigade was dispatched and arrived at the scene within twenty minutes. Due to the fire's severity, three additional fire trucks were called in to assist.

Fortunately, the gym was closed for the Sunday holiday, and no one was inside when the fire started. The incident began with a voltage fluctuation that ignited a rubber mat. The fire intensified when a stabilizer in the gym exploded, causing nearby curtains to catch fire and shattering the building’s windows. In a matter of minutes, the entire gym was engulfed in flames.

The fire spread to the upper floor of the two-story building, affecting a coaching class situated there. The benches and chairs in the class were heavily damaged. The building comprises shops on the ground floor, the gym on the first floor, and the coaching class on the second floor. Thankfully, no one was present on the other floors as they were under construction.

The fire brigade managed to bring the blaze under control within twenty minutes. Gym owner Mahesh Parande reported that there were no casualties due to the Sunday closure.

Enjoyed reading The Bridge Chronicle?
Your support motivates us to do better. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay updated with the latest stories.
You can also read on the go with our Android and iOS mobile app.

Related Stories

No stories found.
logo
The Bridge Chronicle
www.thebridgechronicle.com