Maharashtra schools reopening: Check guidelines for students and teachers
Mumbai: Maharashtra government recently declared that schools in the state would reopen from November 23 for classes 9 to 12. The state government on Tuesday issued revised Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for students and teachers.
The schools will have to follow health and other safety precautions before and after school are over. Also written consent from parents is necessary for children concerning attendance. Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray recently had said that schools reopening after Diwali will have to take special care such as the sanitisation of school premises and health check-ups of teachers before the schools start.
Here are the SOPs ahead of opening of schools:
· During school hours, it is mandatory for all students to wear masks.
· Everyday thermal screening will be done for all students and teachers.
· Students will be given a choice to study full time from their house too.
· Online and offline timetables will be prepared by each school to ensure that subjects such as Maths, Science and English are taught physically whereas rest will be taught online.
· Only those hostels that house international students have been given the green signal to recommence.
· All teaching and non-teaching staff have been instructed to undergo RT-PCR test between November 17 and 22.
· Parents and teacher meetings will also be conducted online.