Travelling to Maharashtra from other states? Check detailed guidelines
Mumbai: The Maharashtra State government on Monday (November 23) has issued new guidelines under the Mission Begin Again initiative. State government has made passengers travelling from Delhi, Rajasthan, Goa and Gujarat via air, railway or roadways to carry COVID-negative test report.
The Maharashtra government has asked the Airport Authority of India to check for the Covid-19 negative reports before allowing the passenger to board the flight. In case of railways and roadways, the district collectors of border districts will be the nodal officers for implementation of these orders.
• All domestic passengers travelling from airports from Goa, Delhi, Rajasthan and Gujarat will have to carry Covid-19 negative report within 72 hours of scheduled time of landing at airports in Maharashtra.
• Passengers not having RT-PCR negative report will have to undergo the test at the airport at their own cost. The Airport operator will collect all contact information of passengers who are tested at the airport. In case the report of any passenger comes positive, then he or she will be contacted and treated as per protocol. Passengers will be allowed to go home only after they undergo the test.
• Passengers displaying symptoms of Covid-19 will be segregated and antigen test will be conducted on them. If the antigen test is negative, then the passenger will be allowed to travel by road in Maharashtra. In case the passenger is tested positive for Covid, then he or she will be sent to Covid Care Centre (CCC) and the cost of treatment or stay in CCC will have to be borne by the passenger. Passengers will have the option to turn back and go home in their originating state to recuperate.
• Passengers travelling to Maharashtra by trains originating or having halt or stop in states of Goa, Delhi, Rajasthan or Gujarat shall carry with them Covid-19 negative RT-PCR test report before entering the Maharashtra border. The test will have to be conducted within 96 hours of the scheduled arrival in Maharashtra.
• Passengers not having the negative RT-PCR report will be screened for symptoms after alighting at the railway stations. Passengers will have to undergo antigen test at that location. If the passenger is tested negative then he or she will be allowed to go home or else will be sent to the Covid Care Centre. The cost of CCC will be borne by the passenger.