No excuse please: Resume work after disinfection if COVID-19 cases reported in office premise
Work can resume in offices after disinfection has been completed as per laid down protocols, the standard operating procedures (SOPs)
New Delhi: Offices, where a case of COVID-19 is reported on the premises can now resume work following a proper disinfection without closing the area, Union Health Ministry in its latest set of guidelines stated.
The guidelines plan for cases where there are more than a couple of infected people on the premises of the office. The ministry said, “In case of one or two Covid-19 cases reported in offices, the disinfection procedure will be limited to places/areas occupied and visited by the patient in past 48 hours and work can be resumed after disinfection as per laid down protocol.”
CHECK OUT THE DETAILED GUIDELINES
• If larger number of cases are reported at the workplace, the whole block or building should be disinfected.
• Offices, except for medical and essential services, in containment zones shall remain closed.
• Meetings, as far as feasible, should be done through video conferencing.
• Hand hygiene and thermal screening should be ensured at the entrance and only asymptomatic staff and visitors should be allowed to enter.
• The containment measures must be observed by all employees and visitors.
• It is mandatory to maintain a minimum distance of six feet in common places.
• Use of face masks at all times and practicing frequent hand washing is also compulsory.
(With inputs from IANS)