Pune: All those above age of 18 can register for vaccination against COVID-19 using the CoWIN platform or Aarogya Setu app, starting at 4 pm on Wednesday. All citizens will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine beginning May 1 so you can begin registering in the afternoon.
Registration for inoculation for all those aged above 18 will begin on the CoWIN platform and Aarogya Setu App from April 28. The vaccination process and documents to be provided to get the jab remains the same.
From May 1, the present system of COVID-19 inoculation centres receiving doses from the government and charging up to Rs 250 per dose from people will stop to exist and private hospitals will obtain directly from vaccine manufacturers. According to the Union Health Ministry, the registration can be done at cowin.gov.in.
As registrations for 18+ vaccination drive starts today, here are the government-approved portals where you can register. Here we have complete step-by-step guide to do it:
How to Register through CoWIN portal
1. Visit the CoWIN website (https://www.cowin.gov.in/home)
2. Click on Register/Sign in.
3. Add your mobile number and click on Get OTP. Once you receive the OTP, add the digits on the site and click on Verify.
4. Submit all your details, including photo ID proof, name, gender and year of birth on the ‘Register for Vaccination’ page. After submitting, click on Register.
5. After you register, you will get the option to schedule an appointment. Click on ‘Schedule’ next to the name of the person.
6. Submit your pin code and click on Search. The nearby centres will be displayed.
7. Select the date and time and click on ‘Confirm’.
One must note that users can add up to four members via one login and can reschedule an appointment.
HOW TO REGISTER THROUGH THE AAROGYA SETU APP
1. Download the app and install the app on your mobile phone.
2. Open the Aarogya Setu and click on the CoWIN tab available on the home screen.
3. Click on Vaccination Registration and enter your phone number. You will receive an OTP. You can proceed for verification.
4. On the Vaccine Registration page, submit all details, including photo ID proof, name, gender, and date of birth. Click on ‘Register’.
5. After you register, you will get the option to schedule an appointment. Click on Schedule next to the name of the person registered.
6. 6. Submit your pin code and click on Search. The centres in the installed pin code will appear.
6. Select the date and time and click on ‘Confirm’.
You will need at least one of the following documents at the time of registration and also a photo ID
· Aadhaar Card
· PAN Card
· Driving License
· Voter ID
· Pension Document
· Health Insurance Smart Card issued under by Ministry of Labour
· Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment
· Passbooks issued by Bank/Post Office
· Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) Job Card
· Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
· Service Identity Card issued to employees by central, state government, public limited companies
The government stated the procurement, eligibility, administration of COVID vaccines are being made flexible. As per the order, vaccine manufacturers would give 50 per cent of their monthly Central Drugs Laboratory released doses to the Government of India and would be free to supply the remaining 50 per cent doses to state governments and in the open market.
Meanwhile, the Centre on Tuesday stated that it has provided more than 15 crore vaccine doses to states and Union Territories (UTs) ‘free of cost’ so far, and more than 80 lakh additional jabs will be received by the states in the next three days.
In a statement, the Union Health Ministry said, “Government of India has so far provided more than 15 crore vaccine doses (15,65,26,140) to states/UTs free of cost. Of this, the total consumption including wastages is 14,64,78,983 doses. More than one crore doses (1,00,47,157) are still available with the states/UTs to be administered.”
Meanwhile, 86,40,000 more jabs will be received in addition by the states/UTs in the next three days, it concluded.