Christmas 2020 Pune: Conduct online masses for elderly, only 50 allowed inside church; check guidelines here
Pune: Christmas is here and the celebrations will be different due to the coronavirus crisis and restrictions. The Pune Municipal Corporation on Thursday announced guidelines in wake of the big festival. Following the lead of state government, the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) on Thursday issued a circular with guidelines.
In an order issued, Pune Municipal Commissioner Vikram Kumar said, “This year Christmas should be celebrated in a low-key manner while everyone must follow the COVID-19 protocols ahead of the festival.”
CHECK OUT THE FULL GUIDELINES BELOW
· Only 50 people will be allowed inside the church and the authorities should keep the check that over-crowding doesn’t take place here.
· The civic body has also appealed not to burst firecrackers as they damage the environment and increase air pollution.
· Only 10 people should be allowed in a single choir. All microphones used for the choir should be cleaned.
· Nobody is allowed to mount any stalls or shops outside the church.
· Social distancing should be followed strictly.
· People above age of 60 while kids below 10 should not be allowed to enter the churches. Online masses should be held for them.
· Thanks Giving Mass on December 31 should be held at 7 pm instead of midnight.
Apart from announcing night curfew in urban limits between now and January 5, the Maharashtra Home Department has also issued some guidelines of Christmas celebrations in the state. In an official statement, Home Minister Anil Deshmukh has called for practising social distancing norms, wearing masks and using sanitisers to alleviate the spread of the contagion during the festivities.