Good news travellers: Two special trains to ply between Pune and Mumbai
Pune: The Central Railways (CR) has declared the running of five special trains from Friday. Of these five specials, two trains will run between Mumbai and Pune. Amid the COVID-19 crisis, train services between both cities have been shut down, until now.
Apart from these two trains, the Siddeshwar Express for Mumbai-Pune-Solapur route is also resuming. The railway department has also announced the timings of these trains.
CHECK OUT THE TIMINGS
· Departure from Mumbai – 5.10pm
· Arrival in Pune – 8.25pm
· Departure from Mumbai – 5.40am
· Arrival in Pune – 9.05am
- Departure from Solapur – 10.40pm
- Arrival in Pune – 2.50am (next day)
- Arrival in Mumbai – 6.35am
October 10 onwards
· Departure from Pune – 7.15am
· Arrival in Mumbai – 10.25am
· Departure from Pune – 6.35pm
· Arrival in Mumbai – 10pm
· Departure from Mumbai – 10.45pm
· Arrival in Pune – 2.15am (next day)
· Arrival in Solapur – 6.50am
The Central Railways has made it clear that only passengers with reserved tickets will be allowed to travel through these trains. The two trains for Pune routes have been designated as Special Trains and hence they won’t be having a general coach in the train. Hence, only passengers having reservation or confirmed tickets will be allowed to travel in these trains, the central railways has clarified.
The Railway Ministry has permitted special trains on 200 routes in the country. Following this, state government led by Uddhav Thackeray has also allowed intra-state railway passenger transport.