PCB working women’s hostel 70 pc complete

PCB working women’s hostel 70 pc complete

PUNE: The first working women’s hostel in the jurisdiction of Pune Cantonment Board (PCB) will be soon inaugurated. Senior officials of PCB claim this will be a project which will be constructed before the completion date.

DN Yadav, PCB Chief Executive Officer, said, “70 per cent of the construction of hostel has been completed. The foundation stone of the hostel was laid on March 25, 2017, while the completion duration was 18 months. But it will be fully constructed three months prior to completion period, which means the hostel will be ready in June.”

This will be the first working women’s hostel not only within the limits of the cantonment but also in Pune, claims Yadav. 

The hostel is situated at Modikhana area of Camp. The project is marked under Smart Cantonment Project. Sukhdev Patil, Executive Engineer of PCB, said, “The cost of construction is Rs 5.14 crore, from which 75 per cent was borne by Ministry of Women and Child Development, New Delhi, while the remaining 25 per cent was funded by Ministry of Defence.”

“We will only allow women who have income below Rs 50,000 and the monthly fee of the hostel will be 10 per cent of the income earned by an occupant. The entrance gate will be at Jaan Mohammed Street, Camp,” he added. 

Yadav said, “The hostel can accommodate 96 women and will have 48 rooms under the twin sharing system. There will be a warden’s residence in the premises as well. The hostel will provide facilities such as canteen, a medical facility, 24-hour security guard and CCTV cameras. There will also be a child day-care centre, which can accommodate 25 children while their mothers are at work. Once women start staying at the hostel, a committee consisting of representatives from the Women and Child Development Department and Collector’s Office, besides two members from PCB, will be formed.”

Related Stories

The Bridge Chronicle - Breaking News | Politics, Sports, Business, Lifestyle News from India & World