Pimpri-Chinchwad: Magar Stadium jumbo hospital facility starts functioning
Pune: The Annasaheb Magar stadium jumbo hospital facility set up for Covid-19 patients at Nehru Nagar in Pimpri-Chinchwad city has started functioning from Tuesday (September 1). About 12 patients of Covid-19 were admitted on the first day at the hospital.
Magar stadium jumbo hospital facility has been set up in collaboration with Pimpri Chinchwad and Pune Municipal Corporation, Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA), District Administration and State Government.
The ICU here is one of the largest negative pressure air conditioned hospital facilities in Maharashtra. The estimated cost of setting up this hospital and running it for 6 months is 85 crores. Necessary permissions like fire-fighting, petroleum and explosives safety etc have been obtained. 50 per cent of the cost of this hospital will be borne by the state government and 50 per cent by the local government bodies in Pune.
- Arrangement of 816 beds in the hospital
- 616 oxygenated bed
- Facility of 200 ICU beds
- State-of-the-art equipment and facilities in the hospital
- 3,900 sq metre area under ICU section is air conditioned by negative pressure system
- The total area of the hospital is 11,800 square metres
- 20,000 square metres of land has been developed for which 4,000 kW of electricity has been provided
- Liquid oxygen medical tanks with a capacity of 25,000 litres are provided
- Work of hospital started on August 6, 2020
Apart from Magar stadium facility, the COEP jumbo hospital has 600 beds including oxygenated and ICU beds. Meanwhile, the Panchsheel Foundation has set up a temporary Covid Hospital with 44 ICU beds and 270 oxygen beds at a building in Baner–Balewadi. The standing committee of the Pune Municipal Corporation has approved a proposal to pay Rs 1,400 per bed to the Dr Bhakare Super Specialty Hospital and Research Institute which will be providing medical staff including doctors and other personnel along with meals and other management expenses.