PMPML bus catches fire, passengers safely evacuated
Pune: A Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mahamandal Limited (PMPML) bus caught fire on Dive-Saswad road on Monday afternoon at 1.45 pm. No one was injured in the incident. The passengers, driver and conductor ran out of the vehicle as soon as the engine went up in flames. Two fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot, which contained the situation within 15 minutes.
Subhash Gaikwad, Public Relations Officer of PMPML, said, "Bus number R 220, contractor Mahalaxmi Transport bus, was coming from Saswad to Hadapsar. Around 25 passengers were on board and all of them are safe. The engine caught fire due to the short circuit. The matter is under investigation."
"The bus had started the journey from Saswad and was heading towards the Hadapsar bus stand. At Dive, there was a spark in the engine and flames started coming out from the front engine as soon as passengers got down. All passengers are safe and moved to another bus so that they could complete their journey," said the official.