Pune, April 2 is the deadline: Decision on lockdown will be made next week
Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Friday cautioned Pune (Punekars) that a decision on the lockdown will be made next week
Pune: Amid the surge in the spread of COVID-19 cases in Pune, Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Friday cautioned Punekars that decision on the lockdown will be made next week (April 2).
Deputy CM Ajit Pawar who is also Guardian Minister of the district on Friday chaired a meeting with district officials to review the COVID-19 situation in Pune. During media briefing, Ajit Pawar said, “From past few days, there are number of COVID-19 cases reported in the district. I am requesting all people to follow all COVID-19 norms such as use of face masks, social distancing.”
“If the spread of infection is not controlled, we have to take some strict decisions. The final decision on the lockdown will be taken on April (2) after reviewing the situation,” he informed.
Meanwhile, he also cleared that restrictions which are previously imposed in the district will be continued till further notice. However, schools, colleges and other educational institutes will remain shut till April 30.
Here we take a look at what’s open and what’s closed in Pune
WHAT REMAINS OPEN
· All shops, restaurants, bars and cafes are allowed to run their establishments till 10 pm.
· Gardens and parks will remain open between 6 am to 10 pm.
· Street-side stalls can operate till 10 pm.
· Only 50 people will be allowed to attend wedding ceremonies while 20 limited for funerals.
· Study rooms will remain open at half of the seating capacity.
· Inter-district travel is allowed for all.
· Public transport can run at 50 per cent capacity.
WHAT REMAINS CLOSED
· Apart from Class 10, Class 12, all schools and colleges will be shut till April 30.
· Club houses in the residential societies have been asked to remain close.
· All cafes, bars and restaurants will be closed after 10 pm in the district.
· Shopping malls, theatres will not be permitted to operate after 10 pm deadline.