Pune: Months after the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) implemented a dress code for its employees, Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has issued a dress code to their staff too.
PMC in its order issued on Thursday stated that all the civic staff will not wear t-shirts and jeans to the office. Meanwhile, it also requested all the staff to wear khadi clothes once a week.
The order released by PMC Additional Municipal Commissioner Rubal Agarwal read, “Many people including elected representatives, representatives of senior officers of private and government institutions visit PMC for official work. The staff of the civic body interact with the people as representatives of PMC. As the dress of the civic staff plays a vital role in personality as a representative of the PMC and it is the dress worn by staff that creates an impression of the PMC on the visitors. Thus, all the staff including officials should be careful while wearing clothes during office hour.”
WHAT ARE THE DRESS CODE GUIDELINES
· The employees have to wear clothes that are suitable for government staff, the order states.
· Men should wear shirts, pants or trouser pants while dressing one should avoid decorative and dark colour dress.
· Women employees should wear salwar, saree or churidar kurta with dupatta.
· Civic employees should not wear t-shirts and jeans in the offices.
· Employees should wear clothes made of khadi at least once a week.
· The employees in the municipal office should wear proper footwear. Slippers are prohibited.
· The men should wear shoes or sandals while the women employees should wear chappals, sandals or shoes.