Pune: Eateries flouting COVID-19 norms? Be ready to digest 15 days ban
Pune District Collector Dr Rajesh Deshmukh on Friday issued the new guidelines in the district to curtail the further spread of contagion
Pune: With Pune witnessing gradual increase in the spread of novel coronavirus, the district administration on Friday revised its guidelines.
If any establishments such as restaurants, cafes, shopping malls, parks are seen flouting COVID restrictions, the aforementioned establishments will be sealed for 15 days.
Pune District Collector Dr Rajesh Deshmukh on Friday issued the new guidelines in the district to curtail the further spread of contagion. Check the guidelines below:
- It is mandatory to wear face mask at public places. If any person is seen travelling without mask, he or she will be fined of Rs 500. However, if the same person is found again without mask, the fine of Rs 1000 will be imposed.
- Group Development Officers, Police Inspectors and Chief Officers can visit wedding halls, schools, colleges, theatres, shopping malls, religious places to monitor if COVID guidelines are followed.
- A team has been appointed by the health epartment to conduct operation to monitor the use of masks and sanitisers at all establishments such as restaurants, cafes. If the same situation arrives at the establishments, they can be sealed for 15 days. Even police can file a case against them.
- It is mandatory to get permission from the police before conducting any private or public programmes.
- Micro sealing should be done at the area where the COVID-19 patient has been reported.
- The order further states that all bus depot heads, Maharashtra Transport Corporation should take necessary action to make sure that the people wear masks while travelling from buses and at bus stands.
Earlier, the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) declared a new Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs), which states passengers travelling from Kerala to Pune will have to carry RT-PCR negative reports or will have to undergo RT-PCR test on arrival as a precautionary measure.