Pune: Amid the surge in the COVID-19 cases, the PMC (Pune Municipal Corporation) has launched, PMC Home Isolation, a mobile app for monitoring of the health status of COVID patients who have opted for home isolation.
Click below to download the app:
The Android based app is developed to locate patient’s home location and monitor the daily health checks. It also gives alert about patients who need direct attention based on health factors.
HOW TO USE THE APP
· After downloading the app, register on it. Allow all permissions to the app.
· One must note that you should not change phone settings. Also do not dismiss internet connectivity as it is required for 17 days until the end of the quarantine duration.
· Also, a user guide via video is available in the app in three languages: Hindi, Marathi and English.
· Register on the app while present at the home.
· Patient should update details of the RT-PCR test.
· If there are multiple patients in one home, the app can be used by individual.
· Also, multiple patients can register on one phone by adding button.
· It is vital and mandated for each patient to submit a daily self-assessment form each day for 17 days of the quarantine duration.
· If one doesn’t submit his or her details before 3pm, PMC officials will connect the patient via phone call.
· PMC Home Isolation app also suggests submitting an emergency form to the administration.
· This app shows contact details ward wise control centre and ambulances in case of emergency.
The app was launched by Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Friday. Along with Guardian Minister of Pune, Mayor Murlidhar Mohol, Pimpri Chinchwad Mayor Usha Dhore, Zilla Parishad President Nirmala Pansare, MP Shrirang Barne, MP Dr Amol Kolhe, BJP State Chief MLA Chandrakant Patil, Divisional Commissioner Saurabh Rao, Pune Municipal Commissioner Vikram Kumar, Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Commissioner Rajesh Patil, Collector Dr Rajesh Deshmukh, Additional Commissioner Rubel Agarwal, and other were present during the launch.
Meanwhile, Pune district on Friday reported 10,963 new COVID-19 cases taking the progressive total to 6,96,933 cases. Of the total cases, Pune city (Pune Municipal Corporation) saw 5,373 cases.