Pune: Massive fire broke out at MG Road's Fashion Street
A massive fire broke out Pune's Fashion Street area in Camp on Friday
Pune: A massive fire broke out Pune's Fashion Street area in Camp on Friday late night. A huge blaze was seen in the area. 11 fire tenders are rushed to the spot to douse the fire. The fire broke out during 11 pm on Friday.
The area being congested, the fire was spread within no time and it made ardous for fire officials to reach the market area. According to reports, 850 stalls in the market were destroyed completely amid the major fire. There are over 500 legal small shops situated inside the market while over 300 small stalls are set up too.
The reason of the fire is yet to be reported. However, there are no reports of injuries or deaths so far.
Fashion Street is a set of small lanes, situated between East Street and MG Road in Pune's Camp. A market where all kinds of clothing and accessories right from- from watches and sunglasses, handbags, and shoes are available at multiple stalls. It has almost 500 shops located here.
On March 16, a massive fire broke out at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Market in the Camp area damaging at least 25 shops in the fish and chicken section of the market.
Accoriding to reports, the fire was caused amjd an internal short circuit of a deep freezer at one of the stalls here.
Earlier on Friday, a 28-year-old man lost his life in a fire that broke out at a scrap godown on Mahatma Phule road, Ganj Peth of Pune.