Pune New Year's Eve rules: Restaurants to operate till 10.45 pm; ban on firecrackers on December 31
Pune: The New Year Eve celebration in Pune will not be a glitzy affair this year. Reportedly, the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has issued a new set of guidelines for New Year’s eve. In view of the COVID-19 crisis and the night curfew that has been imposed into place in Pune, the New Year's Eve just like other festivities will see stringent rules being implemented in public places.
Pune Municipal Commissioner in his order issued on Wednesday said, “People must bid adieu 2020 at home. Instead of celebrations, welcome the New Year by celebrating New Year’s eve at home.” Check out the detailed guidelines issued by the administration ahead of New Year’s Eve:
· People should not gather in big numbers at gardens, parks or any other public places on December 31.
· It is mandatory to follow all COVID-19 protocols such as wearing a face mask, use of sanitiser and practice social distancing. If anybody violates the law, stringent action will be taken against him or her.
· Those above 60 years of age and below than 10 years must avoid venturing outside on New Year’s eve.
· No religious or cultural programmes should be held on December 31.
· Cafes, restaurants, bars will be allowed to operate till 10.45 pm on New Year’s eve. All the aforementioned establishments must be shut down after 10.45 pm.
· Food delivery will be also allowed till 10.45 pm on December 31.
· Religious places witnessing huge crowds should take utmost care that social distancing is practised here.
· The civic body has imposed a ban on the bursting of firecrackers at public places during New Year’s eve in the city.