Sports lovers rejoice! Pune allows reopening of grounds for practice
Pune: The Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) has issued an order to reopen grounds for cricket, kho-kho. The administration has also allowed sports halls to reopen for indoor games such as badminton and lawn-tennis.
PMC Commissioner Vikram Kumar on Tuesday issued circular releasing guidelines for the resumption of sports grounds. The order reads, "The grounds will be reopened for outdoor as well indoor games with social distancing norms to be followed mandatorily."
The district administration on Tuesday allowed athletes to train and take part in other related activities on sports grounds and indoor arenas, while strictly adhering to the standard operating procedures (SOP) issued for the containment of the coronavirus outbreak.
· Outdoor sports such as cricket, kho-kho and more are permitted while indoor games such as badminton, lawn-tennis can be played.
· Children below 10 years and those above 65 are not allowed to enter the premises. Thermal screening of every individual is mandatory.
· For indoor sports, one must avoid the use of an air-conditioning system. If possible, install high-efficiency air-cleaners.
· All sports equipment must be thoroughly sanitised and disinfected after its use.
· Installation of sanitiser stands at entry points is compulsory.
· It is mandatory to follow all norms of social distancing.
· All officials present at the sports grounds should wear face masks, hand gloves and face shields.
· All authorities are requested to allow players to practice on the ground. It is mandatory for all players to submit their contact details to the authorities before joining the practice sessions.
· People are requested to follow all the COVID-19 guidelines issued by the sports department.