Spanish tennis player Enrique Lopez Perez gets eight-year ban for match fixing

He was provisionally suspended in December 2019, and will not be able to play in any sanctioned tennis event for the next eight years
Spanish tennis player Enrique Lopez Perez gets eight-year ban for match fixing

Spanish tennis player Enrique Lopez Perez has been banned from the sport for eight years for his involvement in match fixing activities, the Tennis Integrity Unit said in a statement on Tuesday.

The TIU said that Perez, who had a highest ATP singles ranking of 154 and a highest ATP doubles ranking of 135, had been partaken in three separate instances of match fixing activity in 2017.

"The disciplinary case was heard by anti-corruption hearing officer Richard McLaren on 5 November 2020. He found that Enrique Lopez Perez breached the rules of the Tennis Anti-corruption Programme three times at tournaments in 2017, with two further charges unproven," the TIU said.

He has additionally been fined $25,000. He was provisionally suspended in December 2019, and will not be able to attend or play in any sanctioned tennis event for the next eight years.

Enjoyed reading The Bridge Chronicle?
Your support motivates us to do better. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay updated with the latest stories.
You can also read on the go with our Android and iOS mobile app.

Related Stories

No stories found.
The Bridge Chronicle
www.thebridgechronicle.com